I love African Botanics. I discovered it through Skins Institute in Amsterdam, I went over there for a quick facial and they introduced me to this fabulous brand. Read all about it here.
I knew from that moment that I want the whole range but since it not considered a cheap brand I had to save a little bit to grow my collection. I have so much to tell about the range and the products but today I will start off with the Mineral Cleansing Mask (50 ml/$75). My skin can turn very greasy so a clay mask is kind of a must have for me. Clay masks have the ability to detoxify, deep cleanse and they also soak up all traces of dirt and grease. Since a clay mask is a big must have for me I have tried several ones but this one is the most bizarre/amazing one ever! It feels like pudding, it smells delicious, allows me to move my face – place a phone call and it doesn’t strip the skin. African Botanics Mineral Cleansing Mask doesn’t turn flaky like most of the clay masks and it leaves my skin so incredably soft! Normally I use this mask during the weekends when I have enough time to enjoy it, I leave it on for 15 minutes (after a good exfoliation session) and follow up with Pure Marula Oil, dermaroll and sooth with the Intense Skin Repair Balm.
Marula oil is amazing I like it better then Argan oil because it sinks in quicker and the smell is to die for. Marula is known as the fruit that makes elephants drunk and the trees grow wild in Africa. Now I finally know the secret of the African women. Their skin remains radiant and smooth because they apply this oil on daily basis.
Marula oil demonstrates notably amazing softening and moisturizing properties. Cold pressed, its kernels release a luxurious oil rich in many antioxidants, vitamins E and C, renowned for deeply penetrating the skin and imparting an astonishing skin radiance.
This mask is a good pick for all skintypes even for you with drier skin. If you massage the mask in small circles it can be used as an exfoliatior too. Like I said earlier I have tried several clay masks but this one is one of the best masks around. If you are a busy person like me and don’t want a mask that turns hard like rock (because you need to be able to make phonecalls or move the face) this one is the best pick! It is also very easy to remove and it leaves the skin amazingly soft and radiant. Highly recommended!
Some of the key active ingredients and why this mask works:
– Kaolin (white Clay) – Thoroughly draws out impurities, removing residual dirt, make-up particles and absorbing excess oils. Reduces the pore size and also detoxifies the skin without stripping.
– Hematite Stone Extract – Also known as the ‘Iron Rose’ or the ‘anti aging jewel’ is also found in effusive magma rock and even on planet mars (!) it encourages pro collagen synthesis to restore the tone and strenghten the skin to help it regain its firmness from within.
– Marula Oil – Rich in antioxidants, Vitamin E & Omega 9 & 6, improves elasticity and firmness.
– Baobab Oil – Rich in omega 3, 6, 7 & 9 hydrates and helps restructure and regenerate skin cells
– Avocado Oil – Rich in Vitamins A,D & E Helps to tone and tighten skin.
– Rose Geranium – Helps to balance the secretion of sebum and clears sluggish and oily skins
You can find African Botanics at : Skins Institute in The Netherlands